Enjoy a range of surf beaches
4 kms from The Coombe
William Bay National Park
15 kms from town centre
Beautiful historic Denmark on the banks of the Denmark River has many wonderful sights and attractions to enjoy. West lies the Valley of the Giants and Tree Top Walk, north is Mt. Barker and Porongorup Hills with its produce and wineries, east is the Great Southern centre of historic Albany and Stirling Range National Park
- Beaches such as Greens Pool, Ocean Beach, Parry Beach and Lights Beach offering great surfing, walking, bird watching and swimming.
- The rugged Denmark coastline is a wild tumble of boulders, crevices, reefs, bays and pools including Elephant Rocks, West Cape Howe and Madfish Bay displaying some of the oldest rock formations in the world.
- Renowned wineries and vineyards with cellar sales producing some of Western Australia’s premium wines, including Forest Hill, Harewood Estate and Rickety Gate.
- Many local quality artisans and galleries including woodturners and carvers, sculpters, furniture makers, painters in watercolour, oils and acrylics, metal and iron workers, jewellers, photographers…
- Serene Old Forest offering bushwalking and bird watching of the highest order, including the Bibbulmun track running right past The Coombe through Denmark to Albany.
- The Valley of The Giants near Nornalup is one of the most popular destinations for visitors to the Great Southern, getting its name from the immense red or yellow tingle trees which are found there.
- The Tree Top Walk is a famous 420-metre-long 60m high steel-truss suspended walkway which leads over a deep, red tingle gully in the Valley of The Giants.
- Eco-tourism includes seasonal wildflowers, whale watching, and bird watching.
Where to go
- The Bibbulmun Track
- The Munda Biddi Trail
- Elephant Rocks and Greens Pool
- Mt Lindesay (For wild flowers or hiking)
- The Visitors Centre
- Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk, Walpole
- Discovery Bay & Whaling Station, Albany
- The National Anzac Centre, Albany
- The Gap and Natural Bridge, Albany
Restaurants, Cafe’s and Wineries
- Pepper and Salt Restaurant
- Forest Hill
- Harewood Estate
- Rickety Gate
- Castelli Estate & Bistro
- Mrs Jones Cafe
- The Toffee Factory (best burgers in town!)
- Boston Brewery
- Massimo’s Place (Pizza!)
- Swiss Annies – The Denmark Chocolate Co.
- Estate 807